6/01/2009

Peace...for now

I am at the kitchen table. The sun is out, the windows are open and a cool breeze is sliding through the house. The neighborhood is quiet, but for the sounds of birds chirping and the occasional passing car. Kelly is sleeping on the couch, and Aiden is in his crib, while Tyler naps at daycare. (He'll spend short days at daycare this week.) And I type this post with that "out-of-the-shower-clean" feeling. Lunch in my belly, chased by a Mountain Dew and some G2 Gatorade.

All is quiet.

All is good.

I've counted the hours Kelly has slept today and we're off to a good start to the week. Aiden and Kelly (cuz their sleep schedule is connected) slept from 12:15am til 4:45am, then from 7:30am til 9:30am, and again from 10:30 til 12noon. Aiden's been down since 1pm and Kelly's been asleep since about 2pm. As I type this sentence, it is now 2:59pm.

This is the most sleep Kelly has had in a while, and I hope it keeps up. I said a prayer last night, asking for Kelly to get some relief from the sleep deprivation, and it appears to have been answered for the moment.

There is peace in our house right now.

All is good.

All is quiet.

And I am breathing the fresh air in, letting my brain relax and calm itself. I am feeling refreshed and re-booted.

When I look at the world today, this is what I see. This is what I feel. Thank you for feeling it with me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment