2/25/2008

Update

I continue to be a bad blogger and forget to post anything on a regular basis. Eventually, I'll get my act together and start doing it on a regular basis. For now, here's an update since our last post.

Tyler was sick a few weeks ago, with viral-induced asthma. We had to administer breathing treatments with a nebulizer (sp?) and also give him a steroid for a few days. The steroid got him very wired and moody. It made for a challenging week. But, the medicine helped and he overcame his illness, becoming himself again in the process.

We had a great weekend with him. It seems that we're beginning to find new things that make him laugh. When he gets going he has this hearty laugh that is so infectious. One night it was crumbling up plastic grocery store bags and throwing them into the air with Mommy and Daddy. This weekend, it was throwing his soft little football and soccer ball around. It doesn't sound like much, but those were some of the most fun times I've had in a while. He gets so excited and worked up that he becomes this ball of comedic energy.

He also continues to remind us of how smart he is. He slightly pinched his finger in the case of one of his games, and I was looking at it, when he pulled it away, saying "Don't worry about it Daddy, it's good." He had this "why are you worrying, I'm fine" look on his face.

Phrases like that occur out of the blue, and all the time. They usually cause us to stop for a moment and realize what he just said. Yesterday, for the first time in a while, he randomly brought up the birthday cake Kelly made for him back in November; the one with all the trucks on it.

I only wish I could have the memory this kid does. It seems infinite.

Speaking of trucks. It's all Garbage Trucks All The Time in the Kolchuk household. Well, actually, it's also Thomas the Train all the time. He's been playing a Thomas game we have on his little leaps game system, and we now own a 26 minute video about Garbage Trucks that we've seen over and over and over.

And over.

Daycare is beginning to focus on potty training more which is something we've been working on with him for a while. He's very good about telling us when he has to go, but not always very interested in using the potty...lol. It seems to be more fun to poop within minutes of having a clean diaper put on...lol.

All of this is always changing and always in motion. He continues to outgrow things as fast as he grows into them. It's going by so fast. I wish I could just hit pause every once in a while and take some of these moments a few minutes longer. Especially, when he's sitting on my lap or wrapping his arms around me tight. I'm trying so hard to remember how it feels at this age.

When I look at the world today, I can barely remember what it looked like before Tyler. What Kelly and I can see, we keep saying to ourselves, what did we do before he was here? Tyler brings an energy to our home. He brings life into our home.

And we couldn't be more lucky to be his parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment