1/30/2008

Tyler's new sleeping arrangement

On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I took off work and Kelly and I saw a movie and hit Ikea. The movie was "Cloverfield" which I loved, and she didn't....lol. (I'll be needing to own it on DVD when it comes out.)

At Ikea, we found a small pillow for Tyler and decided to use a new sheet set we had to create a pseudo-bed out of his crib. Up until that night, he had no interest in using a pillow, and usually slept all over the crib, in each corner, in each direction, sometimes even having his feet dangle out of the crib's bars.

He was such a good boy and seemed interested in sleeping on the pillow, when he saw that the pillow cover, sheet, and comforter had trucks on it. That night, he, for the most part, slept in the same location, on the pillow, like a big boy. He's still sleeping like this now. It's very cool.

Last night, he woke up asking for water a couple times, which he tends to do when he's not very sleepy at bedtime, and after he sipped his water, he turned, and said "I stand up..turn...and lay down," while he did those motions. It was very cute.

He looks like such an older little boy in his new sleeping arrangement: A preview of what's to come when we convert the crib to a bed for him.

When I look at the world today, I can't help but miss the time that has passed, and long for just one more time when he used to just lay on my chest after a bottle feeding. He's growing up so fast, and as much as I miss those days, I can't wait for what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment