I realize it has been awhile since we have posted so I thought I would update everyone with what has been happening with us. Tyler continues to amaze and delight us on a daily basis. We are astounded by his grasp of language. He is starting to string more and more words together to forms phrases and sentences and what I find even more remarkable is that he always manages to use them in the right context too! We have gone from phrases like "me do it my own self!" to him commenting that he will get to play with his toys "not now, but soon." There are more examples of this feat, but none are coming to mind right now.
He is also extremely fascinated by garbage trucks. In preparation for our Easter trip back to NY we bought Tyler a new "Thomas the Tank Engine" movie which came complete with its very own Thomas. Tyler was thrilled with his new Thomas and wouldn't let it out if his sight until it was nap time. After he woke from his nap, Chris and I thought it would be fun to take him to the local toy store which carried all the Thomas the Tank Engine paraphernalia. When we arrived Tyler was immediately drawn to the Thomas display but his attention soon turned to other things. He then became fixated by a grader and eventually, a garbage truck caught his eye. He picked out a small garbage truck to bring home and add to his collection. Once home he spent a lot of time loading small pebbles into the back of the garbage truck and pushing the garbage truck all over the house. We even have a garbage truck song we sing together:
Burton Guster garbage truck
came to pick my yuckies up
he drove down our street one day
and all our yuckies went away!
No comments:
Post a Comment