

I was planning on writing a poem or something like that, to talk about Tyler's smile. With this head cold still hanging on a bit, I am not feeling so articulate, so instead, I'll just tell you the deal:
If I have had a crappy day, If I am stressed, overwhelmed, tired, etc., and my son smiles at me when he sees me? Everything just washes away and the world is a good place again. My priorities are spun back into perspective and things are all good.
I used to think that was an amazing feeling. Now, Tyler is beginning to laugh!
His first giggle came when I was clearing my throat a few nights ago and for some reason he found that to be the funniest thing in the world. He giggled, eyes wide and open mouthed. His arms and legs flailed and he stared at me waiting for me to do it again. So, I did. For at least a half-hour. Yes, my throat was a bit rough afterwards, but it was so worth it.
He has not giggled at that sound since, even though I still try. He giggled at Kelly when she was being goofy the other night.
His laugh has come at odd moments, but when it happens, it pierces my heart deeper than any cry can, and instead of the calm I feel from his smiles, I feel an excitement and energy surge through me.
I call him "Ty Smiley", now. I'll have pics and another amazing smiling/mirror story to share soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment