

Today is Tyler's three month birthday!
This is my first post in a week. I have been sick for the last few days and am finally starting to feel better. I was hoping to write a Valentine's Day post and all, but my head has been clouded (more than it usually is) from this cold, so here is a quick note about Valentine's Day.
Mommy had to work 1p-9p, so she only had a couple hours with Tyler in the morning. Because I was sick, we sent him to daycare for a few hours so I could get some sleep. I picked him up in the afternoon and spent the evening feeding him, burping him, feeding him, burping him....you know....
After giving him a bath, I laid him on a blanket in his room and we read the Valentine's day cards he got in the mail, then a few books until he started getting tired. As I was putting him in his sleep sack we lost power. The lights flickered a few times, causing Tyler to look around the room wondering what was going on. Because the room was brightly lit, it seemed pitch black when the flickering ended. I took Tyler in my arms and navigated through the hall as my eyes adjusted, and grabbed a flashlight.
He never fussed. He was so tired that I'm thinking he didn't even know, nor care anymore. I laid him in his crib, lit a candle in our bedroom across the hall, and he fell asleep almost instantly.
When Kelly got home we went through different scenarios should the power be out for an extended period, which is usally the case in South Lyon. But, it came back at 11pm, after only three hours, and we were shocked.
So, that was our exciting Valentine's Day.
I have new pictures to post, just don't have them here with me to do so. I'll get them up this week.
Thanks for reading my blog today!
No comments:
Post a Comment