Do you remember the last time you slept for nine hours in a row?
I do...
LAST NIGHT!
Tyler went to bed at 11:30pm and slept until 8:30am. Of course, I was up at 6am when he started fussing, then again at 7am, and once again at 8am, but still...
I woke up feeling tired, but my brain feels lighter. It's weird, actually. To have spent 8 weeks feeling this heavy weight in my head caused by sleep deprivation, and now have that feeling removed, makes me feel like something is missing. It's very odd. It doesn't feel normal.
But, hey, I'm not complaining.
Today, Tyler is 8 weeks old. He gave us a great B-day present last night.
There are moments in Tyler's life that I'll never forget. Last night, I had one. On his changing table, I was talking to him, making that cooooo sound that makes him smile so much, and he was talking back to me.
Daddy: cooooo
Tyler: cooooo
Daddy: gggoooooo
Tyler: ggooosshhhshs
*not the actual conversation....lol...
Each time I made a sound, he mimicked it, with a smile and wide eyes, and we had a conversation. I have no idea what we were saying to each other, but it was such an amazing feeling to connect with him like that.
And that's the update for today. Happy 8 week birthday Tyler! Coooo, ggoooo, ggoooossh....weeeeeee....yaaaaaayyyy....goooooooo
No comments:
Post a Comment