1/12/2006

Today's Doctor's Appointment

Today, we learned Tyler has grown to 11 pounds, 2 ounces. His weight is in the 50 percentile for a baby his age. He is 24.5 inches long, which is in the 95 percentile for babies his age. So, he's tall already.

Today, Tyler also got four, yes four, immunization shots. Two in each hip. It was more traumatic for us as parents, especially as the first shot went in, and his face turned bright red before letting out his long cry. It was the cry where he holds the note, if you will, till he can hardly breathe. We felt so bad for him, because he really hated it. But, they did put some cute band-aids over the spots and we were given permission to give him Baby Tylenol.

Tyler was a champ, because after the shots were over, I held him close, chest to chest, and he calmed down.

This afternoon, Tyler, Mimi, and I went for a 35 minute walk. It was in the 50s today here in South Lyon, so we dressed him warm and put him in the Graco stroller base that is fitted for the car seat. He slept during the whole walk, which he needed after the tough morning.

He has been a bit fussy today, and I feel terrible when I see him move his hands towards his hips where it hurts him. We can give him Baby Tylenol every 4 hours if needed, so we'll see how he goes for the rest of the day.

That's all for now, because he's crying now and is very overtired and just off from this morning. I'm gonna go see how my boy is doing.

Thanks for reading my blog today! More pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment