We're getting closer and closer, and we're fully into the preparations for Baby Boy's arrival. We've gotten a fair amount done prior, but now, we're diving right in. I sepnt the weekend stripping the stain and varnish off Kelly's childhood dresser. It will become Baby Boy's dresser/changing table during his infant years. When he's older he'll graduate to my old childhood dresser, which will be repainted. It's very special to have these personal family items for him.
We have painted stars on Baby Boy's wall, that match the stars and colors of his bedding and valence. The room is coming along nicely. I'll post more pics in a future post.
This morning, we had a doctor's appointment. Kelly is seeing the cycle of doctors in the office to have familiarity when she gives birth, regardless of who's on call at that time. The doctor this morning was so nice. She was like the others in the office: friendly, informative, and very calm. Baby Boy is now head-down in Kelly's belly, and should stay in that basic positon until birth. We're glad he's facing the right direction right now. That learned, we can now determine the shape of his body when he pushes up. It's a bit eerie as you see Kelly's belly become mishapen as he pushes himself up. His legs are near Kelly's right-side ribs, his behind is near her belly button, his head, obviously lower. As I've written, he seems to be a stretcher. He likes to test the limits of his seemingly smaller and smaller home. Mommy's bladder and diaphragm have had many opportunities to play with Baby Boy in the womb. I know he can't actually touch them, but I can't help but picture him looking at them, saying "Hmm what's this? What happens when I push on this?" Trust me, Mommy knows that answer more and more lately.
We have an appointment in 2 weeks, and then we start seeing the doctor on a weekly basis up until the birth. Wow. I can't believe how far we've come. I mean, I always knew we'd get here, but it seem to come so fast! I look back at the older posts, remembering typing them as if it was yesterday...but it was such a lifetime ago.
Because Kelly and I have different schedules, she keeps her clothes and personal items in the other room to not wake me in the morning when she gets out of bed. Now, we've brought those things back into our bedroom and I can't help but see how Baby Boy is really bringing us together more and more. We're closer and closer and Baby Boy has been such a joy. It has been an amazing journey. We're spending a lot of quality time with each other, going on date-nights and enjoying each other's company while we can.
When I look at the world today, it's a bit blurry from the tears of joy I'm trying hard to hold back during the course of these last weeks. I can't wait to see my beautiful baby boy in full color and sound, and to hear that first breath and first cry....and to hold him for the first time? Man....gives me chills of excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment