8/12/2005

Baby Boy is growing

Here is what he might be doing in the womb right now. As of Saturday, Kelly will be 28 weeks along. This information came from the e-mail service we get from Baby Center.com.


"How your baby's growing: Your baby is really starting to fill
up your uterus. This week he weighs almost 2 pounds and is
about 14.4 inches long with his legs extended. He can now
open and close his eyes, and he sleeps and wakes at regular
intervals. He may suck his fingers, and although his lungs are
still immature, they would be capable of functioning " with
assistance " if he were to be born prematurely. Chalk up any
rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of baby
hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode
usually lasts only a few moments, and isn't bothersome to him,
so enjoy the tickle. With more brain tissue developing, your
baby's brain is very active now. Wonder what he's thinking?"


This just amazes me. I love reading these as we get them. He has been so active in the last few days and is really starting to push on mommy a lot. She's hanging in there, and we've had some fun playtime with Baby Boy recently. We played "Where's the Baby in the Belly?" last night. He's big enough now that we can actually feel a hardness if he gets close to mommy's skin. We touch there and can feel him in there...then he moves and it's suddenly soft in her belly at that spot, and we have to search for where he went.

Kelly is doing well. She's feeling discomfort at times, but is hanging in there. What makes is hard is that the Novi Library's air-conditioning has crapped out, and it's been getting into the 80's in the building. As you can guess, that's not a real comfortable thing for a pregnant woman. She's been coming home, feeling hot, drained, and tired these last few days. I feel terrible for her. She hasn't slept well either. A night where she makes it through without waking up, is a rare occasion.

But...we're still trying to take each moment as it comes, and enjoy it on a daily basis. As much as we want to see what our son looks like, and hold him in our arms, we don't want to rush anything. Before you know it, a year will have passed and we'll wonder where the time went.

So, when I look at the world today, I see a place where every single day matters, and is full of new, important, and exciting things, and I want to soak up every single ounce of it. Writing this journal has helped me do that. It's been a very personal experience and I really like the journey it has taken me on. Thank you for being interested in seeing what I see when I look at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment