Kelly and I celebrated our 4-year anniversary yesterday by taking the day off from work. It's strange to think that I've been here for 4 years, Kelly 3 1/2.
I bought a bouguet of mixed roses and gave it to her the night before, which still smell really good! On our anniversary, we went to Ann Arbor for breakfast, and ate at Cafe Marie. The food was excellent and we enjoyed our meal...until I made a typical Chris-move. After finishing my breakfast, I was going to help Kelly finish her blueberry pancakes...I had a light gray shirt on....yes...you know what happened next. I pushed my fork into the pancakes to cut them, hit a blueberry dead center and it squirted onto my shirt. I was so embarrassed. Luckily, it was only a few pin-sized drops, but it was enough to be visible. I spent the next 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to get it out with cold water, to only realize that it had seeped through to my undershirt as well. I did the best I could with the stains, and returned to Kelly. There is a sense of irony here, because on our first date back in 1998, I spilled red sauce on my white shorts, so I guess it's only fitting that I did something similar yesterday.
After breakfast, we walked around Ann Arbor. We hit the Ann Arbor food market, we found a silver letter "k" in a trendy store that we'll use in our living room. We had fun just checking out the various shops and scenery. There is some cool architecture in Ann Arbor. After some great Gelato from American Spoon, we hit Zingermans, where we split a great BBQ sandwich. It was a lot of fun to just hang out and stroll the streets with no time constraints.
After Ann Arbor, we stopped home for a minute, where I changed clothes, and then went to see Wedding Crashers. It was an okay movie; not what we were lead to believe. It was too long, and not as funny as we expected it to be. But, still, it was free (we had passes) and it didn't suck.
From there, we went to dinner at El Nibble Nook. Well, we planned on it anyway. The restuarant was closed, so we went to their other locatin which proved to be not as nice inside and a bit of a dive. But the food was great and we were hungry, so we stayed and enjoyed our meal.
Then we went home. It was a great day and it was so special to have Baby Boy with us as we celebrated. He is the best anniversary present we could ask for. He was kicking up a storm during the movie, which makes me think he hears it and it sounds different than the normal mommy and daddy voices. It was a great anniversary, and we had a wonderful time.
We've come a long way since the wedding and I can tell you that I love Kelly now more than I ever have before. I am truly the luckiest man on earth.
You aren't the only one who is lucky. Your wife and son feel pretty lucky to have such a special guy in their lives too!
ReplyDelete