I was explaining to him how this journal has really opened something up inside me, and I've found myself on this amazing journey as a result. He, also in radio, explained to me that creative people are "makers". We are always making something. It's in our nature to create and build something, whether it be painting, building, singing, writing, etc, so it should come as no surprise that writing this journal has brought me a sense of peace. I can't tell you how profound that felt to me, because it's true. I have found this strange sense of inner peace within these words.
Anger Management 3 hit Detroit friday and we were scheduled to do an interview with Eminem at 6:45pm with our morning show. So, I stuck around to help produce the promos with audio from the interview. Needless to say that by 8pm, he hadn't called and I had wasted a bunch of time waiting for him. Kinda appropriate that the tour is called "Anger Management" because that's what I was struggling with when he left us hanging. Getting home at 8:30 on a friday is not a fun thing...I don't recommend it.
Kelly has been feeling kinda crappy after work because of that air conditioning fiasco at the library, which they say they've fixed, so I hope this week will be easier for her. Otherwise, she's doing okay. Times of discomfort are becoming a bit more regular now, but they are offset by the amazing playtime we've had with Baby Boy. He's been more active than ever. We are seeing him move her belly in big ways. Our hands are physically being moved as he rubs against, or pushes against her belly. It's like watching a wave of water roll onto the beach. There's a slight rise in her belly and it just moves across from one place to another.
We've begun to sing to him more now. Mommy knows all the good songs, and all daddy knows is U2 songs, although I did a killer freestyle version of Old McDonald that he seemed to enjoy. For my U2 friends: If daddy doesn't stop counting the beginning of U2's "Vertigo" Baby Boy might learn to count spanish as unos, dos, tres, catorce....lol. I've also learned that saying "Hello, Hello, I'm in a place called Vertigo" to the baby annoys mommy more than anything...lol. She's not a fan of the song.
So, while my hand was on her belly, the baby did his tidal wave of motion and you could see my hand raise up as Kelly's belly seemed to push up. It ws so pronounced and so big, that Kelly has to ask if I was moving my hand on purpose. He's big enough now that we can feel a hardness when he gets close to the skin, and we feel him a lot. I touched a place where we felt pressure, and he kicked my fingers as soon as I touched him. It was so amazing!!!!
Kelly is now 28 weeks into the pregancy, and here is what she looks like now:

No comments:
Post a Comment