8/08/2005

Pushing

Baby Boy Kolchuk has now become a pusher. It seems as if he's testing the limits of the womb. Kelly has begun to feel a pressure along with the kicking, and she says it feels like he's just pushing out against her belly. We've heard this is a normal part of the pregnancy, and so far it's not too bad on Kelly. Every once in a while she feels him push on her bladder and that's not real pleasant, but it hasn't lasted too long.

When I look at the world today, I see a calendar with only three months left. It's so amazing how fast this experience has gone. Kelly and I were talking about it last night. It seems like just yesterday that she woke me up with the postive results of the test. Six months later, we have a basement full of toys and clothes, a crib, a new car, and our first set of diapers (generously given to us by a friend at work). We've also found that in these six months we have so many wonderful people in our lives, and we feel so blessed to know you. Writing this journal, for me, has been such an amazing thing, and I am honored that you have taken time to read it, and check back every once in a while. This is sometimes an overwhelming thing for us, and we're a bit scared. Knowing we have people like you in our life eases some of our nerves.

Something interesting I wanted to mention: I saw Baby Boy push against Mommy's belly a few nights ago, and you could see the path he took, He moved from just below the belly button, right to the belly button, where you could see it push up a bit as he put pressure on it. It was such a weird, and neat thing to see. I've been trying to get some of those movements on our Digital Video, but he seems to know when I am taping, and doesn't cooperate.

His name is of big interest to many of you, and I want to let you know where that stands. As of now, we have four names in the running. Two of which, we consider our favorites, and the next two being names we still like too much to just eliminate. Baby Boy has yet to pick a favorite in the Name Game we play with him.

Kelly and I are trying to get out and enjoy our time together before the baby is born, so this weekend, after Kelly worked, we went out for dinner and a movie. We saw War Of The Worlds, and I think Baby Boy liked it, because he was active during some of it. It was so incredible to have my hand on her belly and feel him kick as we watched the movie. Needless to say, I don't remember too much of those scenes.

This is life here for now. It's always changing and always in motion. I never would've thought we'd be where we are and have come so far in our life here in Michigan. I can't wait for the day I can make my first post to announce his arrival. Our small, one-thousand square foot home, in far away South Lyon, Michigan, will truly become a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment