7/18/2005

Generosity

Kelly is now 24 weeks along, Baby Boy is 11 inches long, weighing just over one pound. He can hear, and he can react to light changes. He has red skin, and blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing when he's born.

In my post on July 7th, I wrote about my frustrations with the world and its' current state. I knew that there was still goodness in it, but was feeling emotional in that moment. I knew it wouldn't take long before I found that goodness again.

Kelly had a friend over this weekend from back home in NY, and we had a nice weekend with her. Saturday, while I waited for the Sears repairman, she helped Kelly finish up our registery. There were so many things we hadn't thought of and it was such a great help. Her generosity came in the form of her time, and experience from her own baby boy, which was invaluable. I am so glad Kelly has such a wonderful person in her life.

Many people have been so generous in so many ways. Locally, a friend I've known for 10 years or so, has been such a HUGE help with her gifts and support.

My mom recently sent me a beautiful Father-To-Be card with absolutely perfect words in it. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. My mom is my hero...she knows why.

Kelly's parents have helped us work on getting our crib for Baby Boy.

In fact, even though they are in a different state, our parents have helped us in more ways than they probably realize, and it's an amazing feeling. We are so lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful people in our life.

Baby Boy should now be able to hear us, so we had some conversations over the weekend. Yesterday, we sat in the car in the parking lot of Babies R Us, listening to Dashboard Confessional "Screaming Infedelities" on the radio, as the little guy was moving around like he was dancing in there. Of course, we're now watching our language in front of him. Even though he can't understand it, it's probably a good idea anyway, ya know? lol.

Mark the date! He heard his first U2 song on the radio on Sunday morning around 9:45am on the way to church. It was "Stay", from the Zooropa album, which also happens to be one of my all-time favorite U2 songs.

I'll write more about my feelings on this paragraph in another post, because it's be too much for now, but I can tell you that I have always believed there was magic in the world, and this weekend, it was reaffirmed for me.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to echo the sentiments here. Chris, the baby, and I are very fortunate to have such caring friends and family in our lives.

    ReplyDelete