One month ago yesterday, Aiden was born. It seems that the common theme of passing time will continue from posts about Tyler to posts about Aiden.
We're continuing to adjust to our life as a family of four. Our first family outing was a success. We hit Pizza Hut in Brighton and it all went off without a hitch. I am working again, and I hate not being home. I could totally get used to being a stay-at-home daddy.
Aiden is good. He eats like a fiend, and is becoming more fussy than before. At first, he was a calm baby until hungry. Now, if he's awake and not eating, he's usually fussing. He also has reflux, which makes things uncomfortable for him when sleeping.
Tyler is adjusting well. He feels the lesser attention, and we find him talking baby-talk here and there. I feel bad for him. He didn't ask for his world to change the way it has, and he's doing the best he can. I try to spend time with him when I can. This morning, he got upset because I didn't hug him before leaving the house. I felt bad, and he ran out into the garage and we hugged and talked a bit before I left for work.
Kelly is sleep-deprived, but she's hanging in there. I complain that I am tired, and I have no reason to. I can't imagine what the sleep deprivation is like. She hasn't gotten more than 4 hours in a row since Aiden was born.
Our house is a mess. We've been eating good, though. Our neighbor, Jennifer, made a sign-up sheet for families in the sub, and now we gethot meals from our neighbors two times a week until everyone who signed up has delivered their food. It was such a nice gesture, and apparantly a common action in the sub. We'll be more than happy to pay it forward to whomever has the next baby in the sub.
I'll get some pictures up soon. We have yet to take a pic of all four of us together. Maybe during Aiden's baptism on June 28th, we'll be able to. Family will be up to visit for it. My mom and sister will not be able to make it, and I'll miss them, but it'll be a nice visit and a nice ceremony. I look forward to introducing Aiden to everyone who hasn't met him yet. I have a wonderful family on my side and know we'll get together again.
Okay, I am at work, so I need to pretend to work...lol. Thanks for reading my blog today!
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=d2fc46d3-23fb-4088-9062-e9ba435c42ea)
No comments:
Post a Comment