Tyler gave us a scare yesterday; an unwelcome Mother's Day present, if you will. He slipped down our stairs, from about 3/4 of the way up, and rolled to the bottom in a flash of arms and legs. The good news was, that he was fine. His knee left a stain from his jeans on our newly painted wall, which proved to be as durable as our painter said it was, but other than a faded redness on the side of his head, he was fine.
Tyler has been gaining speed in his growth, and while walking down the stairs with Kelly, he didn't look where his feet were, and lost his balance. It frightened us terribly, as it did Tyler. But, only moments later, after checking him out for injury, and during many hugs from Mommy that made it all better (appropriate for Mother's Day) he calmed down to tell us what happened and how he fell and how he tried to stop himself. Throughout the day we kept an eye on him to be sure there was no internal or head issues, and he seemed fine all day and through the night, to this morning.
I'd like to thank Whomever was watching over, and protecting our family at that moment. It was quite a scare, and it seems Tyler has learned his lesson, and is watching where he steps now.
I say a prayer every night to my late Uncle Robert, who was a priest in the catholic church in Rochester, NY for over 50 years, and part of that prayer includes asking him to protect my family.
Whether it was him, or God, or an angel, or a combination of both, or anything else. I feel like we were taken care of at that moment, and that we were protected.
When I Look At The World today, I feel blessed...
No comments:
Post a Comment