Tyler loved the huge engines. We stopped and watched some of a documentary that was playing on a TV stand in front of an Allegheny engine that was probably bigger than our old house. It was the 2nd one ever made and, Tyler seemed to enjoy watching the old black and white videos of it. I pushed Tyler around in his stroller for a while, until he wanted to walk and I let him lead the way. It was fun.
Last time we were at the Museum, Tyler had fun at a kids' area where you could use K-Nex to build a car and test drive it down some ramps. Saturday was no different. I started with the shape and let him add the wheels, showed him how to snap some of the pieces together with his thumbs, and we built a couple of "cars" that Tyler spent a long time sliding down the tracks. I think we did that for over an hour.
After a pseudo-lunch, we went home and Tyler took a nice, long, ten-minute nap. Which ended up being a good thing, cuz the kids across the street came over to invite Tyler to play with them. Tyler and Kelly had met them the day before and had gone over to play. They are a very nice couple with two really nice kids, and I can see us getting along with them for a long time to come. The wife, actually gave us a never-used bike helmet that the kids had outgrown, which was so kind. At first, Tyler didn't like it, but by yesterday he was wearing it and he looked so cute!
So, that Saturday, we went to Deklin and Alex's house and Tyler played with them in their basement, while their dad, Peter, and I helped build a Thomas track for them to play with. We had a chance to get to know each other while watching some of the State game as the kids played. Every once in a while we'd have to get up and fix the track after a "disaster" had occurred...lol. It was a lot of fun and nice to meet our neighbors. As I said, I can see us becoming friends with them.
The neighbor to our side is an Obama supporter and I was talking with them about it, cuz I am too, and they offered one of their signs for me to put in the yard, which I did. Their children came over yesterday to say hi to Tyler while they were out playing. It was cute, cuz every once in a while they'd just stop over, say hi, then go back to playing.
It was a great day, capped off with my mom's meatloaf for dinner. I love making it, and Tyler loves the mashed potatoes that accompany it.
Tyler and I have a strong bond and I look forward to doing more with him as he gets older. I'd love to take him to Comerica for a Tigers game, or even Plymouth for a Whalers hockey game. Whatever it is, I hope I can continue to build our bond and have more outings together like that.
Blogged with the Flock Browser
No comments:
Post a Comment