Since his birth, Tyler has changed the way I look at the world. I find myself more sensitive to anything having to do with children, and the state of the world bothers me more than it previously did. I find myself both worried and hopeful for the future world Tyler will grow up in.
From gas prices, to terrorism, to wars and violence, I find myself praying that we can be good enough parents to give him the tools needed to survive the world he's entering. Never before, have I followed an election this closely, and have felt so strongly about the candidate I am going to vote for.
Then I see the horrible images from Myanmar, and then the quake in China, where kids were trapped in the rubble of fallen school buildings. This stuff scares the crap out of me. I know I can't live life as his dad in fear, but I can't help but feel sadness for those kids and families who are suffering such a tragic event.
Makes me feel so grateful for the life I have with Tyler and Kelly. Makes me wanna remind them how much I love them, and it motivates me to not take anything for granted. To live in the now, and enjoy every single moment.
I too, have been following the world situation more closely than usual. Maybe it's because I'm older and do not like a lot of what I see. My generation built the foundation of the current world and we tried our best, but there are a few individuals in power today that are screwing it up. Personal agendas, power, and money are a higher priority to some of them. It's amazing how many so-called intelligent people just don't get it - that we are supposed to work together, not against each other.
ReplyDeleteThere is hope though, in the hands of one individual I pray will be the next leader of this great nation. Maybe then we won't need to build any more memorials to the war dead.
There are plenty of reasons to worry about the world Tyler and his cousins Ashley and John are entering. We as parents and grandparents can only control how we raise them and hope they have the wisdom, understanding, courage, and coping skills to face whatever comes.
May God bless them and protect them.