4/16/2008

Tax Day = Poop Day

I find it kind of interesting that on the day all taxes are due, Tyler pooped in the potty for the "first" time since we started potty training. We've had some accidents and one moment when he was younger that resulted in poopie in the potty, but yesterday was special.

It means that Tyler is growing up. We've been working with him for a while now and they have done the same at daycare. Yes, yesterday, for the first official time, Tyler purposely pooped in the potty. He was scared, cuz it was a new thing for him, but he was a brave boy. Staring at me with tears in his eyes, his face looking sad and scared, I held his hands as he let it happen. I am so proud of him, and he was so proud of himself after. I showed him what he did and we flushed it down together. He then got a couple special Thomas stickers and some candy as a treat.

I hope this becomes a trend because he is starting to ask us to sit on the potty now. It may seem gross or strange to you, but I'll never forget that moment. I only wish Kelly wasn't working so she could have been there, too. I liked being able to be there for him, to talk to him to encourage him and make him feel safe. It was a bonding experience that I feel lucky to have shared with him.

My little boy. My little buddy.

Where has the time gone?

Tyler, I am so proud of you. You were so brave and so strong, and have just taken the next step in your growth. It's a very exciting time. (I was tempted to take a picture of it, like they did in Jon & Kate Plus 8, but didn't...lol)

From this day forward, Tax Day will be known as Poop Day.


:)







----------------
Listening to: Ashlee Simpson - Boyfriend (Eddie Radio Remix)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment