I had a lot of fun with you this weekend. I wonder if you know how much you mean to me, to us. I keep thinking back to the time before you were born and can barely remember what that life was like. How did we live like that? What did we do? It all seems like it may have been so boring compared to our life with you now.
I've enjoyed writing this blog for you, too. Over 330 posts, and many friends and family, make up this thing I call "When I look At The World".
I wonder if you're reading this, and if so, how old you are? Right now, in my world, you are almost two and a half. I wanted to tell you about some of the things I love about you at this age.
I love the way you speak. You are so articulate, and you always seem to be thinking.
I love the way you climb on the couch and sight right next to me, as close as you can, when we watch Thomas The Tank Engine together.
I love when you randomly say "I love you so much, Daddy".
I love when you sit on my lap and lean back, resting your head on my chest.
I miss the days when you were two months old, and I could pick you up with my fingers stretching above your shoulders to support your head.
I miss the days I could kiss your head, when your hair was just starting to come in like it looks now.
I miss a lot of those days, but I love the bond we have right now. It feels so good to feel so adored by you. I wish I could really find the right words to explain it, but there is nothing in the world better than when you wrap your arms around me, lay your head on my left shoulder, touching my cheek, and pull your knees up, as I hold you.
I love when you run up to me when I pick you up from daycare. I even enjoy watching you play on the days you seem more interested in playing with your friends than coming home...lol.
I love how you grab my finger when we walk in Kroger.
I love how when I hold you, sometimes you reach back with your hand, and play with the hair above my neck.
I love how you like to feel my scratchy beard.
I love how you like to be physical with me, and run around or horse around, or just come up and give me a random hug.
There are so many things I love about you, and way too many to write in one post on an online blog. But, I hope that wherever you are right now, whatever you are doing with your life right now, you know how much joy you brought to my life when you were little. You have filled me up with something I never knew I was missing. I will always love you with all my heart, and I look forward to the day you read this, cuz I'm curious about our future together as father and son.
But for now, as the days race by, I hope you know how happy I am to be your Daddy, and how, at this very moment in my life, when I look at the world around me, it's filled with love.
Love,
Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment