8/06/2007

Crazy Morning

Tyler's been fighting a high fever since Friday, so we took him to the Pediatrician this morning. To be safe they pricked his toes to check his blood, and they swabbed his mouth to check for strep throat. The quick-result test of strep came back negative, which was a relief, cuz apparently his throat is a bit red. (which may have been causing him to tug at his ear, according to the doctor)

In that regard, his ears were perfect, which is an even bigger relief, considering how close we were to having tubes put in back in January.

At this age, Tyler is very independent and hates being forced into a position to be checked by a doctor. It made for a difficult visit, but he got through it. The problem was that the office's blood tester was not working properly so after being pricked in his toe and hating it, we had to then go to the lab to get an actual blood draw from him. That terrified us, cuz we knew how he'd react to it.

He hated it, and tears slid down his face like a waterfall. The nurses were nice and also quick about it, which I was glad for. They also put a plastic bag over him to get a urine sample, which he eventually forgot was in his diaper. We walked him outside after the blood was drawn, giving him water to help expedite things. I felt so bad watching him cry and feel the pain from the blood draw, but it had to be done. After a few minutes I took the wrap off his arm and he immediately chippered up.

Good news after all of this is that Tyler's blood work came back normal and the pediatrician has determined that the fever is viral. No major issues to worry about....phew! I was beginning to have flashbacks of 2006, where we spent more time at the doctor and emergency rooms than we did anywhere else.

I have taken some fun pics and videos, but have been bad about getting them posted, obviously. I'll do my best to get them up here soon!

Thanks for reading our blog...still!

No comments:

Post a Comment