Wednesday morning, Tyler was sitting at the kitchen table, after having just eaten breakfast, and he was playing with three plastic pretend mail envelopes. Out of nowhere, he counted to 5!
I heard him say, 1,2,3,4,5.
Kelly and I work with him on his counting, and at daycare they read a book about 5 monkeys that ends by counting them. It was very cool to hear him just suddenly do that. Up until then, he had only counted up to two.
I think it was more of a memory than an actual count, cuz he only had 3 pieces of his play mail on the table, but still!
Tyler can legitimately count two objects and tells us when he sees two of something.
Other new things:
1. When he gets an ouchy, he tells us where it hurts and shows us where he got the ouchy. He then asks for a kiss to make it all better.
2. He's been asking me for kisses before I leave for work in the morning. He also kisses my shoulder when I pick him up, making the sound of mmmmmmmmwuh!
3. He is now calling trucks in the real world by the names he's learning in the books we have. He loves trucks!
4. He is also learning how to play a Leap Frog TV game we have, with a joystick and buttons.
5. He still likes it rough and loves to be upside down. In fact he's been getting more physical in his play with us. He loves to get near us and let us tickle him, or he'll wrap his hands around us or burrow his head into us. He also likes to climb us if we are on the floor, or just drop on top of us. I'm trying to be careful, cuz he's accidentally gotten me a couple times recently in not-fun places....lol.
6. He's very timid, and we hope it's not because of us and because he spends time at daycare. We hate dropping him off and wish I made enough money to keep Kelly home with him all day.
7. He's getting better with some people, though. He warms up to people quicker than he used to.
8. He takes showers now. Yes, you read that right. We have a portable shower head and he helps us wash him and rinse himself off. He loves it. It can be dangerous, though, as you'd expect. Wednesday night, he covered floor with water via Mommy's face.
9. He's almost 24 pounds, and closing in on two years so fast.
That's all I can think of for now. It's been a while between posts...sorry about that.
Thanks for reading our blog today! I'll try and get some new pics up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment