5/16/2007

18 Months and 1 Day

I just looked through the archives from last year and can't believe that all of that is over and in the past. It's one thing to say how fast time goes, it's another when you actually live in it, every second of every minute of every day, and yet, it still goes by so fast.

Last year's post.

Yesterday, Tyler turned 18 months old. We are now parents of a 1 1/2 year old. It's crazy. Didn't Kelly just come home from the hospital a few weeks ago with our newborn baby?

Last night, we got crushed with rain storms and Tyler heard the thunder roar from the sky. Each time, he'd look around, wondering what it was, so I told him it was thunder and it went "boom boom" and we made it fun. When I saw lightning, I warned him that thunder was coming and he'd say "thunda...boom boom", and he'd listen to it as it happened. I was hoping to keep him from being afraid of it.

One of the first things he said to me this morning when he woke up, was "thunda...boom boom".

And he has learned that repetition will get him results when he wakes up. It seems that he likes to hang out in his crib, laying there sucking his thumb before he decides he wants out. When he does, he stands up and starts talking. In most cases, Kelly and I look at each other and smile at some of the things he says. Some times, he falls back asleep, and others he doesn't.

Lately, he seems to be on a Daddy kick when he wakes up, cuz this is what we hear when he wants us to come into the room:

"dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada,...." etc, and etc.


So, here were, 18 months and 1 day later, and when I look at the world today, it's hard to believe that what I am seeing is real: Tyler Christopher Kolchuk is 18 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment