5/15/2006

6 Months

Mother's Day was yesterday, and today Tyler turns 6 months old.

Mother's day, I woke up with Tyler so Kelly could sleep in a bit. When she woke up, I sat with Tyler on the floor and risked giving him Kelly's wrapped gift, so he'd be holding it when she walked in the room. He proceeded to pull the card off and aim it at his mouth when she walked in the room, but it was still worth the expression on Kelly's face when she saw him holding a present for her.

I had found a clay kit that was a picture frame on one side and a hand imprint in clay on the other. It opened like a book. I'll post pictures for you tomorrow. (Forgot to bring them in.) I pressed Tyler's hands into the clay and wrote "To Mommy" and had Ty's name and "6 months" written on it. I put a picture in the frame on the other side. I had also gotten her a small rose plant. I like the idea of planting something and watching it grow, as Tyler does the same.

We went to lunch at Bravo, in Livonia, and had a GREAT meal. Tyler was a bit fussy, so we left a bit earlier than we were planning, but it was still very nice.

Rosey's daycare had made a pot with Tyler's handprints on it, and they filled it with a gardening tool and flower seeds. It was a very nice idea.


Today, Kelly took Tyler to his 6-month doctor appointment and here's what she learned:

-Tyler has another virus. I think we're up to 7 in 2006, now.

-He weighs 14 pounds, which is low for his age but not a concern for the pediatrician yet.

-He is 27 1/4 inches tall. He's a tall baby, and now will be graduating to a new car seat as a result.

-His first teeth could cut in at anytime now.

-He's now allowed to eat pureed solid foods.


Some new things to report:

Tyler is now saying "Da Da Da Da Da" and variations of that sound. We tried so hard to get him to say "Ma Ma Ma", but he only smiled and laughed when we made that sound. It was cute, though.

Tyler is becoming a bit moody. He has learned how to whine in a high pitched sound, and the pediatrician thinks his teething might be a part of his moodiness.

He is sitting up on his own for longer lengths of time. He also needs less back support when we carry him, because he can keep himself up now.

He knows how to get his bottle into his mouth, although he has not mastered the art of angling it to get the soy to flow.


And that's where things stand. It seems that we are crossing over into a new stage of his life and it's a bittersweet feeling.

When I look at the world today, I see Tyler sitting at the crossroads of who he was, and who he will become. And for this one moment, I wanna close my eyes and try very hard to imprint it all in my memory. because time is going by so very fast.

Tyler Christopher Kolchuk, today, is 6 months old.




No comments:

Post a Comment