
"Today, love has taken on a whole new meaning, in a face I swear I've seen somewhere before." - Sammy Hagar, "Kama"

So you may ask yourself, how did Tyler get in a picture from 1972 or 1973? He didn't. That's me as a baby.
After Tyler was born, we looked at my old baby pictures with my mom back home, and it was an emotional moment as we saw that Tyler looked a lot like me as a baby. What made it even more emotional was the fact that some of the pictures took were almost the same exact poses.
Unreal....and something very special:
Me & My Mommy....in 1972:

And in 2006, Tyler and his Mommy:



The poses are a bit different, but there is still something pretty amazing to see the familiarity:


I don't have a pic that matches the one below, but felt like posting it anyway. Me, and my bottle in 1972 or 1973.

As he grows up and his face changes, I can see glimpses of myself, and I can't describe to you how that feels. And as he continues to grow, we are seeing more and more of mommy in him. His nose, especially, is beginning to take the shape of Mommy. But it's a special something, to see this combination of she and I reflected back to us as he grows up. The proper words are eluding me right now, but they have something to do with Tyler being a true result of the love Kelly and I share. Like Tyler is the physical representation of that love.
Sounds a bit cheesy, I know, but when I get thinking like this I can't help but notice things like that.
Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading our blog today!
Not cheesy...beautiful. :)
ReplyDelete