6/24/2006

Mommy and Tyler's Day of Fun!

I have a somewhat non-traditional work schedule (one of the many joys of public librarianship) whereby I work two evenings a week, every other Saturday, and a few Sundays a year. When you are scheduled to work a Saturday you get the Friday before off. I have to admit, this schedule is my least favorite part of the job. I really miss not being able to put Tyler to bed twice a week and I miss having a two-day weekend with my family.

So, since I am working today (and writing this on my lunch break, wondering what Chris and Tyler are up to) I was home yesterday with Tyler. I love having Friday off to spend some one on one time with Tyler, but it is bittersweet as I get a taste of what life would be like if our circumstances didn't dictate that I work full-time. Being a mom provides me with a tremendous amount of joy and I wish I didn't have to pay people to do the one job that I love the most, I'd much rather pay for a housekeeper!

Tyler and I tried something new for lunch - pureed broccoli and potato anyone? - and we played and played. For a little variety we even played outside for a bit. I got out his plastic swimming pool, sans water, and we played with his "tub toys." Time passed so quickly that we didn't even get a chance to take a walk to the park.

I wish everyday could be that nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment