6/19/2006

Father's Day

I have to say that I had a very nice Father's Day yesterday. I realized that the day was really a "Child" day. The reason I celebrated Father's Day was because of Tyler. So, I looked at it as his day, too.

We went to The Bistro for their breakfast buffet, to find out we should've made reservations. But the hostess was wonderful, and she got someone to pull a table from storage and set us up in an empty corner near the bar. It was very nice. Others, who came behind us, were told to wait, so we got lucky! Tyler gave me a book, about Daddy Hugs, and it's very cool! We sat on the floor last night, and I read it to him. It's about ten hugs that Daddy gets from his baby. When he's a bit older, I'll do the hugs with him as we read each page. I hope it'll be a fun bonding experience.

It was a low-key day, and a lot of fun. Tyler was in a great mood for the whole weekend, and it made for a fun weekend. We had a small scare when I saw that the carbon monoxide detector was registering a slight reading. I talked with Uncle Daryl, cuz it's his part of his field, and we figured out that the detector was old and had become defective, which turned out to be true. We bought a new one, and it's reading a nice big zero which eases my mind. (In fact, it's a nicer one, too.)

More pictures are coming, picking up where I left off last time, and also from yesterday.

When I look at the world today, I see myself reflected in my son's eyes and I pray that I can be the father he needs me to be.


1 comment:

  1. Was hoping you had a great Father's day! You deserve it and Tyler!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete