5/08/2006

A First

Okay, Picture Monday has been postponed because I forgot to upload the pics to my external drive and bring to work to upload. (It's faster to upload here at work than at home).

But, Tyler did something else new yesterday. For 6-7 seconds, maybe more, he sat up on his own. He was playing with a new toy Kelly had just sanitized when it happened. It sits on the floor with a steering wheel-type thing on the top and Tyler was sitting, holding the wheel, keeping himself up, which has become normal. Then he let go of the toy, and stayed up, swaying as he tried to keep his balance, on his own, with no help. It was both exciting, and a bit sad.

Exciting for obvious reasons, but sad because our little baby is growing up, and we already miss the little things of his younger days. Soon, he'll be feeding himself and want to be put down when we hold him. He is already squirming more when he hold him. He likes to look around and move.

He's also starting to whine. When he's frustrated, he gets this high-pitched whine that we hope isn't a glimpse of the future, but figure it might be. Now comes the harder parts. Instead of just playing with him, feeding him and holding him, we will have to start that whole "parenting" thing. It's exciting, but very scary.

I also want to wish my niece, Ashley, a very happy birthday. She turn 8 years old today, and I miss her a lot. Happy Birthday Ashley! Aunt Kelly and Uncle Chris are thinking about you today.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:19 PM

    thank you, I had a great birthday. I miss you too! i love my bratz doll!!

    Tyler is very cute!

    ReplyDelete