First, I want to apologize if this blog has become the "Poop Chronicles". I'm sure it's a bit too much information for some of you. The problem is that our life has become nothing but pooping, peeing, eating, and ...ummm...what's the word? Sleep? Is that a word?
Anyway, I'll do my best to keep things less graphic...lol.
There is poop and pee in this story, however, so read at your own risk.
Yesterday afternoon, when he was calm, we gave Tyler his first bath in his baby tub. He seemed to like being naked in the water, and things were going very well, until the water turned yellow. Kelly and I got a laugh out of it as we took care of it. Then Daddy held him on his tummy so I could wash his back. When finished, I turned him back to me, using my left hand to support his behind.
Yeah, he pooped on my hand. It makes me laugh as I write this, because I kinda wondered where it all went, when the water stayed clear.
It wasn't until afterwards I noticed he had gotten my shirt a little. So I showed Kelly and she laughed hysterically, which I didn't understand. She then told me to look at my pants.
Yeah, my pants were completely soiled...lol. I have no idea how the poop got from his butt to my pants, but the only thing I can think of is that he let out a "stealth" poop while on his tummy.
LOL...unreal....it's as if to say, "Daddy, you thought The Explosion was big? You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
Tyler is getting better at sleeping at night. He gave us 5 1/2 hours straight from 7:30 til 1am. That was very nice, although not a deep sleep because each time he fussed in his sleep, we heard it on the baby monitor. I actually think I heard him fart and burp, too...lol....
We've resigned ourselves to the fact that Tyler will stay awake for most of the day, and sleep more at night. I guess that's a good thing, but it makes for some tough days when you need a break.
A friend of ours gave us the book "The Happiest Baby On The Block" with the anticipation that it would change our life. It seems that she was right. We have found a technique that calms Tyler down when he gets himself worked up. So far, this technique, "The windshield wiper", has worked 100% of the time. It's been a Godsend.
That's the update. Tyler continues to grow and amaze us every day. Slowly, we're learning how to make this all work between the three of us.
BTW, more pictures coming this week. I've crossed the 500 mark and am on my way to 600.
No comments:
Post a Comment