11/14/2005

"I'm not in labor."

Ahhh, this phrase has become our way of saying hello whenever we call someone on the phone. Because we could be calling with good news, everyone gets excited when we call, so we've had to preface each conversation with "I'm not in labor", or "She's not in labor", followed by "Hello." It's interesting to hear how people answer the phone when they see our number on caller ID. It's either a "Hello?" filled with anticipation and quick breathing, or "Is she having the baby?".

That said, she has not had Baby Boy yet, and we are thinking of naming him "He Who Needs To Be Removed With Force." LOL. He's just gonna do things at his own pace, and like his father before him, he's already doing things late. We are seeing more signs of early labor, so we feel good that things are still progressing naturally. We have a 3:50pm doctor's appointment today and hopefully won't need one next week.

Because we had an extra weekend together, we got a lot more done around the house. We didn't expect to have this opportunity, so we took adavantage and crossed a lot off our list this past weekend. Every day that passes we say the date out loud to see how it sounds. Will November 14th, 2005 be his birthday? No one has predicted this day, nor the 15th. We're guessing he'll show up on one of these days just because no one picked them.

Here's the baby guesses as of today:

Grandpa Dave: 10/29/05

Jo Anne: 10/31/05

Kate: 11/5/05

Grandma Bonnie: 11/7/05 at 3pm

Great Aunt Monica: 11/8/05

Debbie (NY): 11/9/05

Great Uncle Urb: 11/9/05

Aunt Diane: 11/10/05

Cousin Ashley: 11/10/05 in the afternoon

Grandma Mary (Mimi): 11/10/05

Alice: 11/10/05 at 5:30pm

Dad Chris: 11/11/05 at 2pm

Mom Kelly: 11/11/05

Grandpa Vince: 11/13/05 at 2am
-----------------------------------------
Uncle Daryl: 11/16/05

Debby (MI): 11/19/05 at 4:45pm

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Congratulations, Guys! I got your call yesterday that Baby Boy (don't want to give anything away for those who haven't heard the name yet) arrived safely in to the world on Nov 15th.
    I just wanted to say how excited and happy I am for you all (hey, Baby Boy included - he has some GREAT parents!) and I look forward to hearing about your future endeavors as new parents. God Bless,
    Deb ;)

    ReplyDelete