11/01/2005

...and we reach November

This is the month. This is the special word that has been on our lips, minds, and hearts for nine months: November. In this month, something very special will happen, something so beautiful that it will change the way the world looks to me, forever. This is the month that is full of possibilities, as every day that passes becomes one more day closer to the miracle of life. I've spent a lot of time imagining what November will bring us, and the only thing I can tell you I know for sure, is that I know nothing. Our future is wide open and we are on the cusp of something Great.

Lyrics have been popping in and out of my head this past week:

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" - as sung in the song "Miracle Drug" by U2. I teared up a bit during that song at the Detroit show.
"You are the first one of your kind," as sung in "Original Of The Species" by U2

This morning we learned that Kelly is dilated just about two centimeters, and the doctor says everything is progressing naturally as it should. Baby Boy has dropped and moved into the proper position. He seems to be comfortably nestled into the pelvic area which means he will be born head first. During the exam, the doctor could actually feel the baby's head inside the amniotic fluid. I apologize if that's too much information, but I just can't help mention it because she actually touched our son. Man...that's mind-blowing.

Between you, who read this, and those who haven't, we have a large list of birthday guesses. Some have come and gone, and many are here, or coming soon. When will Baby Boy's birthday be? If I visualize it...it looks like this:

November __, 2005

No matter how many U2 songs I've sung out loud in my life at shows or in the car...lol..., there is one song I can't wait to sing to our son:

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday (Baby Boy), happy birthday to you."

Welcome to November, and thank you for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment