As of today, we're only 9 days from Baby Boy's due date. Hope ya don't mind if I keep writing about how fast the time has gone...cuz, wow!
I have been behind on posting pics here, so I'll do my best to catch up this week. I want to show you the baby's room.
This weekend we spent a lot of time crossing more things off the "to-do-before-he arrives" list. We took some time out for what we think was our last hurrah on Saturday. We saw comedian John Heffron at the South Lyon HIgh School. He's from here and he's made it big nationally, having won "Last Comic Standing" on NBC and is now in talks with NBC to produce a sticom. He came back home for a benefit for the South Lyon High School wrestling team, which he used to be on when he went to school here. It was a lot of fun and the traffic and parking was such a nice change from the U2 traffic last week. John was funny, although he had to keep things a bit more clean for the fundraiser crowd. Before the show, Kelly felt a strong wave of Braxton-Hicks contractions, which was not fun for her. We'll find out this week if she's dilated even further.
This week marks Kelly's last week of work, and she could use the break, She plans on waking up every day, and that's about all. She'll do nothing all day and all night but rest and save her strength. She deserves it.
I love Halloween and am looking forward to watching something scary tonight. And yes, we'll be handing out candy. The good news is that Trick Or Treat time in South Lyon only lasts an hour as mandated by the city. Our doorbell won't be ringing like crazy all night....we hope...lol.
Oh, and in case you are wondering...I am not wearing a costume right now...I always look like this... ;)
Chris, I haven't been able to read these for way too long. Between school and computer problems, it just hasn't worked. So I got caught up on loads of it tonight and loved every minute of it. I love "hearing" you open your heart with the love you have for your son. I'm so very happy for you and Kelly both, and I'm so glad that Baby Boy is joining a family where he is already so well loved. You and Kelly will be wonderful parents. :)
ReplyDeleteI love you and miss you both.
Monica