9/06/2005

The Family Baby Shower

There is so much I want to write after this weekend, so I'll do my best to edit myself and keep it concise...lol. I just hope each of you who were there know how touched we are by your generosity. We tried our best to spend time with everyone and hope you enjoyed yourself as well.

This was the first time since my 30th birthday party (3 1/2 years ago) that we all got together in one place again and it was great! Many people drove long distances to get there.

Our drive to West Falls was not as bad as we had thought. Kelly's back bothered her more as the drive went on, but she was a trooper and hung in there.

At the shower we gathered some more guesses on Baby Boy's birthday, so I'll post them this week in one place for all to see. In the meantime, here some of the pics from the shower. You should be able to click on them to see them at fullsize.





A friend of Daryl's (Kelly's brother) made all the food, cake, and cookies. She even whipped her own butter. The food was amazing and we have a ton of it left over, which makes me happy because I'm a bottomless pit.

In fact, the effort Kelly's parents put into the shower was incredible. They spent a lot of time, energy and money to make sure we had a great shower, and it paid off, because Kelly and I had a memorable experience. There were even flowers on each table for people to bring home with them.



Being associated with the Fire Department, it was held at the West Falls Fire Department Firehall. The last pic here is Kelly's brother, Daryl, helping to set up beforehand.



Pic 1: Kelly's girlfriends, Debbie and Jo Anne.



Kelly, Baby Boy, my mom, and my niece and nephew, Ashley and John:



My mom and Ashley:



Kelly, Baby Boy and my Uncle Urb & Aunt Monica:



Kelly's mom with two of her friends, Sue and Lorraine:



Kelly's dad videotaped the shower, and we watched it that night. It's something we'll keep forever:



There are too many pics of us opening gifts to put on this blog, but just know that we loved everything we got, and are so grateful. Here are a couple I just grabbed at random:




Basement Before:



Basement After:





...and of course the best gift of all....my wife and future son:




After the shower, Kelly and I left feeling emotional...because what we already knew was true came shining through that night: When we look at the world, we can see that amongst our family and friends, Baby Boy will be loved.

1 comment:

  1. The baby shower was so very nice. I was so overwhelmed by the whole day I know I didn't get a chance to sit down and talk with everyone properly, so for that I am sorry. There was such an outpouring of love and generosity for our unborn child I had a hard time holding in the tears. Thank you to all who came and shared the day with us.

    ReplyDelete