9/02/2005

31 weeks

As of 9/3/05, Kelly will be at 31 weeks.

I hope you have some time off this weekend to enjoy yourself. Kelly and I look forward to seeing our family at the baby shower on Sunday in Buffalo.

Thanks so much for the responses on Baby Boy's Birthday. Keep 'em coming. There are a few of you I'm curious to hear from.

Every day, Baby Boy is more and more active. We've been enjoying his kicking and his movement. Last night, he was pushing not just an arm or leg, but his whole body! Kelly's stomach became oddly shaped and you could see a bulge that looked and felt like a Burrito or something under her skin. Sorry son, but that's the only way I can describe it. I put my hands on top of her belly and it felt like I was actually holding him! I could feel the shape of his figure against her belly and it was a moment I will never forget as long as I live. The three-ring circus is alive and kicking in Kelly's belly and we're enjoying every moment of it.

So, get this. I get the digital camera to take a picture of this bulge, and like he always does, he stopped pushing at the moment I turned the camera on. I am not sure what this bodes for our future, but he really doesn't like it when daddy pulls out the camera. He NEVER cooperates...lol.

Kelly is suffering some strong back pain lately, and it's hard for her to get comfortable. Sleeping does not come easy for her when she's not comfortable. Although the weather here in South Lyon has broken and we've been able to open the house up at night and that fresh air has helped both of us sleep better. I wish we could stock up on it somehow and pull it out of the reserves when he's born. I know we'll need it.

We leave for Buffalo tomorrow in our new CRV and plan on taking our time getting there. We're heading through Ohio because there are more opportunities to stop for bathroom and/or stretching breaks. The CRV is comfortable, but with Kelly's back, we're just gonna take our time and not worry about how long it takes to get home.

In this journal, I try to keep people anonymous because I am not sure how comfortable some people are with having their names mentioned on the internet. Unless you are okay with it, and tell me so, I plan on referring to you in terms of our relationship, instead of your name.

That said, a co-worker of mine, and his wife, were so generous to us and gave us some wonderful things to help with the baby. It was so much more than we expected and such a nice thing to do that I feel compelled to mention it here. In fact, so many of you have been so generous and so kind to us that we truly feel lucky to have you in our lives. I know I've said it before in previous posts, but no amount of words (and I can use a lot of them ;)) could ever thank you all enough for everything...from generosity to support, we're very lucky, and very grateful.

Okay...here's the babycenter.com update on Baby Boy:


"How your baby's growing: Your baby's a bit more than 15 1/2
inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a
half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will
decrease as he gets bigger and fills out your uterus. His eyes
open and close, he's able to distinguish between light and dark,
and he can even follow a light source back and forth. Once
he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day.
When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but
will have a visual acuity of only 20/400 " which means he
can only make out objects a few inches from his face.
("Normal" vision in adults is 20/20.) "

No comments:

Post a Comment