Kelly's parents and brother came up to visit for the weekend, and it was a great visit. They went to the Henry Ford Museum and Factory Rouge Tour on Friday while I worked. Then the guys spent the morning at the Dream Cruise on Saturday while Kelly and her mom tooled around Northville. They found some really cute outfits for Baby Boy. The Dream Cruise was a lot of fun. We fought rain the beginning, but it cleared up and turned into a great morning. The temp was low and it wasn't too hot. The crowd was light because of the weather and it made life easier for us while walking around. We all hooked up for lunch at the Chinese Buffet in Novi. Gourmet Buffet is the best Chinese Buffet we've ever eaten in and we were so excited to go back to it. It was great to see Kelly's brother. His schedule doesn't always allow for him to come up, so we enjoyed hanging out with him too.
It was a special moment in Baby Boy's unborn life, as he met his grandparents and uncle for the first time. He made a point of showing off a little for them, and they each had a chance to feel him kick and push.
Before we knew it the weekend with her family was over and it's never fun to say goodbye. Kelly and I spent a few hours cleaning and sanitizing the toys we've stocked up for Baby Boy. It was a beautiful day so we did it outside with a U2 concert on the portable CD player.
One of our favorite TV shows had it's series finale last night and we were looking forward to watching it. It lived up to expectations. The show is called Six Feet Under and it had one of the best endings I've ever seen for a series finale. It was emotional and so powerful, that I am still thinking about it today. We love the show because of it's reality. There is no sugar-coating and no Hollywood Endings. It's real. The show made us talk afterwards and we had some nice moments in that conversation. This child has really brought us closer to each other than ever before. I love Kelly so much that it aches.
I also started to think that this baby is a union of both of us, and I'm curious to see what Kelly and I look like from an outside perspective. Who he is, and who he will become will be a product of our union. Not only will he represent Love, but he'll bring to us a new perspective on life. He will be the result of this life we've built here. If we want to step outside ourselves and really look at us, Baby Boy will be where we look. He will represent in a physical sense, this beautiful thing we have between us. I can't wait to see what that looks like.
As parents, Kelly and I may only see the first 50-60 years of his life, and that's something I've thought about. As depressing as that may sound, I can tell you that whatever may come in our future, we will live through it as one family...together. Thinking like that warms my heart. So, let the future begin, because when I look at the world in the future, it will be with my family in mind, and no matter what comes, that will be the most important thing.
Lastly, today marks my four-year anniversary at Clear Channel Detroit. So much has changed since that first day, and it has been an amazing experience. I have really begun to come into my own as a Creative Services Director, and am being recognized as one of the top guys in the country, by my boss and many of my peers. I have had so many experiences here and have grown so much since starting here on 8/22/01. I'm hoping to close some deals on freelance work for a couple small-market stations soon, and that will help pay for Daycare...well, some of it...lol.
As a station we've moved from #14 in the market to a tie for 4th. We're getting national recognition within the industry and we've even knocked our competition off the air. I love my job and I love what I do. It fits me so well. I love writing and producing with sounds and the editing process. From beginning to end, imaging Channel 955 is so much fun. I truly am Channel 955.
...and in November I will truly be a Daddy. Today, when I look at the world, I see the beauty in it. I feel the beauty in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment