6/24/2005

Baby Kolchuk is a.....

Baby Kolchuk is a BOY!!!!!!!



(Originally posted in my AOL journal Thursday, June 23rd, 2005 at 12:20pm)

*The two pics on the right are obviously his profile. Isn't the bottom right, the most amazing pic of him ever? What a great profile! Must have cute parents....

*The top left is a horizontal pic of him looking directly at us. (The bottom of the pic is the left side) You can see his little body aiming towards the left of the frame. His little head looks a bit like a skeleton...lol.

*The bottom left is proof of his gender. He'll kill me one day for showing you this, I'm sure. It's not that clear a shot, but, trust me, it's there. The angle is from below, looking up at him (he's small, and in the corner), but the pic is horizontal again. The left side is the bottom of the pic.



We have an appointment Tuesday with the Doctor to go over the ultrasound, but it looks like everything is good and he's healthy. He was very active this morning during the ultrasound, probably because Mommy downed a can of Diet Pepsi before we left. He even had a slight case of the hiccups! We were given a picture with four views on it, and a small video, which we watched within 30 seconds of coming home from the appointment. There is one great shot in the video, where he stretched his legs all the way out, and it was so clear! You could see the valves in his heart, the areas of his brain forming, his tiny little bones, and of course, we saw that he was a boy, although we had to have it pointed out and explained before we realized what it was. lol.

We are having a son! It's an amazing thing. I guess that Chinese Conception chart that my co-workers used was wrong. I'm already thinking about all the great Video games I'll play with him, and Star Wars movies I'll force him to watch....lol....

Many people we've told today have asked what names we're thinking of and I'll tell you that we have thought about it and have not decided fully on one yet. We have a favorite already, but we'll keep it to ourselves until we're 100% sure we're going with it. It's a bit surrreal, yet suddenly very real. For reference, he is a little bigger than a one-dollar bill. We'll get the specifics when we see the doctor next week.

When I look at the world today, I want to shout out loud to it.....WE ARE HAVING A BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Chris but in the lower-right picture, it's obvious that this beautiful baby looks JUST LIKE KELLY! haha

    Congratulations!!! It reminds me of just how excited we were after our ultrasound. And I'm thinking of that right now as Natalie just bit Nicole and drew blood because she was "pretending" her little sister "was a pie." This is why God made babies so cute -- so you won't kill them!

    ReplyDelete