Yesterday was kind of a crazy news day. First, there were reports of an earthquake here in Michigan, as many people began to call WWJ, which is CBS Radio's news station (and the first EVER radio station) saying they felt it, and it was coming from many of the suburbs. Then I see Facebook friends from back home in Rochester mention how their house was shaking, and I was thinking that it was kinda nuts that they were feeling it in Rochester, NY too? I went and told the news director and then also passed along links from local TV stations back home. lol, i felt like a reporter. Social Media has really changed the game, and it's amazing how quickly you can experience things and gather information from all over the world.
Of course we learned that the earthquake hit in Ontario Canada, and was a 5.0 magnitude, and it's location seeming to explain why both cities felt it.
That same day, our former Governor, Kwame Kilpatrick, who is already headed to jail for a maximum of 5 years, was indicted on federal charges...19 counts of them. The dude is in trouble.
That same day, the US World Cup soccer team scored a game-winning goal at 90 minutes +1 to advance the team into the round of 16 in South Africa. It was an amazing moment in USA sports history.
Then the same night, in Saline, southwest of us, a tornado touched down.
A crazy day.
Did you feel the earthquake where you are?
Aiden is sick again, too. He has another ear infection and a fever, so we're scrambling to adjust our work schedules to be able to keep him home. Tonight, I left work earlier so Kelly could go into work, and we met at her new library, where I took the kids, walked around a bit, and then went home. The library is very big and I am looking forward to getting back in it to explore some more.
Tyler and I got some more time tonight, and yes, I let him stay up later than 8pm. He wasn't in the mood for a game, though. Tonight he wanted to watch some train movies on my iPod Touch. So, I found some on youtube and we sat together on the couch, he in my lap, and watched them.
And that's today's update; what I see when I look at the world today. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment