Today, Kelly's parents and brother babysat Tyler and Aiden, so we could get out and enjoy some time together, which we don't get very much anymore. Kelly and I ate at Cinco Lagos in Millford, and it was the best mexican food I'd eaten since our honeymoon in Old Town, California. The food was authentic and clearly not from a can or jar. After, we hit an ice cream shop called Stucchies, which was also amazing ice cream. Needless to say, I was leading with my stomach as we walked back to the car.
Grandpa Vince and Uncle Daryl hit the Dream Cruise this morning, and are going to MIS tomorrow for the NASCAR race. It's gonna be in the 90s, and I don't envy them dealing with the heat.
Tyler has had fun. He gets energized when family visits and it makes it tough to get him to sleep, although tonight, it may have been the cake he ate before bedtime. Grandpa Vince's birthday is the 21st, and we're celebrating this weekend, thus the Dream Cruise and race. We cut into his cake tonight and Tyler wasn't going to have any because he didn't eat fruit with dinner. But because of the special occasion, I allowed him to have it, making it my fault he got all wired up before bed.
As you may have seen in the tweets I posted (to the left of the post, in the sidebar) I painted an accent wall in our family room. I'll post a pic soon. We finally replaced the old valences that came with the house, and really like the new look of the room. Slowly, but surely, we are making the no-longer-new house ours.
Thanks for stopping by and reading the blog today! Let me know your thoughts on the twitter test.
No comments:
Post a Comment