7/08/2009

Hot Air Balloon

At about 8:15pm, Tyler was in bed and Kelly and I were in our bedroom with Aiden. Suddenly, we heard kids in the neighbor's backyard yelling very loud, and I saw them waving to the sky. I thought it might be a plane, but Kelly heard the woosh of the fire and realized it might have been a hot air balloon. I checked out the window, expecting it to be quite high, but there it was, hovering just above tree level over the street by our house!

It was a yellow hot air balloon, decorated with drawings from the Boynton books that Tyler used to read. I ran and got him, scaring him a bit at my urgency until I told him what was outside. We opened his window and looked, and it was just past our house, still low enough to see the people in the basket waving to the kids below. I took Tyler outside and we watched it fly down the street, gaining height and eventually getting out of our sub. It was a cool thing and I am glad I woke Tyler up...well he was awake, but you know what I mean.

Kelly snapped a few pics:







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment