4/05/2009

Tis The Season

The sun was out, the day was warm, but not enough to be without a jacket. Tyler wanted to play outside, so after the three of us took a walk throughout the sub, I pulled the basketball hoop out, stood it where he asked me to, and then we used soft soccer balls to shoot hoops together. It was a ton of fun, and a great Daddy-Son experience. We counted how many baskets Tyler made, and got up to eight. Of course, this didn't count the Daddy-assisted slam dunks and back-slams we also did. I lifted him up, spun him around and with a huge smile on his face and smashing sound effects emanating from his throat. The dunks weren't always successful, causing Daddy to chase the balls in directions nowhere near the hoop.

Yep, we were superstars yesterday, and it was fun to get out and run around with him. Hearing his infectious laugh while we chased rebounds down the driveway, or skidded after them on the grass, made for a memorable time.

It felt good for me to get some exercise. I'm trying to lose some weight and get in better shape. I played around with Tyler's soft, nerf-like soccer ball in the backyard for a few minutes and it was amazing how my muscle memory came back. 9 years of soccer were apparently not lost on me.

Tomorrow, I am not working. Took the day off to stay home and paint Tyler's room, while he and Kelly can be out of the house and away from the smell. The baby's room is basically done, just need to hang a few things on the wall, so Tyler is next. The problem is that we are expecting 6-10 inches of snow tonight. Yes...SNOW. I am glad I didn't burn off the gas from my snow-blower yet. Looks like I might be needing it in the morning. Looks like I may not be able to open the windows like I had hoped.

'tis the season. Looks like all those Christmas songs Tyler has been singing recently, have been appropriate.

Thanks for reading our blog. Kelly and I will post pictures of the baby room and of Tyler's room very soon! We mean it this time, too! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment