Standing at the mirror in our master bathroom, I hear Kelly tell Tyler I am leaving for work soon. Tyler replies, "Daddy don't leave without giving me a hug!"
I smile.
Then I see him in the mirror. He's kneeling on our bed, his head turned to watch Franklin on TV, his arms outstretched in my direction.
When I hugged him, I took a moment to try and remember how he felt in my arms, what he smelled like, how he moved, how heavy he was, what his head felt like against my left ear, what the hair on his head felt like as I gently touched his head, then his back, to then feel his frame under my right arm, as his arms wrapped around my neck and shoulder.
Awesome. Just awesome. Captured in my head and now on this blog.
Everyone should start their day like this.
Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment