1/20/2009

Living History

Today, as we inaugurate the first African American president in our nation's history, I find myself full of emotion. Mainly, I find hope for the future. I've blogged about my passion for Barack Obama and my hope that the world Tyler and Baby will grow up in will be better than the one we live in right now.

2009 will bring many new things to the line of vision I have when I look at the world. Two of which, I am thinking about today. A new president, and a new baby.

Last night, while watching the movie, "Young at Heart", Baby began to kick in Kelly's belly. It was so surreal to feel. We'd been there before, but this time it was different. This time, Tyler was upstairs, tucked in his bed with Duckie, and most likely dreaming of Thomas the Train. Downstairs, something new was there: A new life, with a brand new personality, a new shape, and a new story beginning.

We are living in the past. History is happening right now and I am desperatey trying to mark these moments in my head as to not forget them. Whether it be the feel of Baby in Kelly's belly, or the feel of a rising hope in a new president, I can't help but see the world a bit differently today, feel the world a bit differently today.

No comments:

Post a Comment