10/31/2008

Happy Halloween!

Kroger, our local grocery store of choice, held a kids' Halloween event last night. Kelly worked late, so I picked Tyler up from daycare, grabbed his costume and a quick snack and headed to Kroger before the event ended at 7p. We rushed in and out of the house, cuz daddy had the pleasure of a 45 minute drive home in Detroit traffic, and was running late.

Once there, Tyler munched on donut holes, apple cider, and got a custom made cookie that he got to pick the toppings for. We colored a halloween picture and entered it in a coloring contest, and also had a picture taken of him in his Thomas costume, for a costume contest. Kroger will display the contestants pictures near the checkouts and allow customers to vote on a winner. (If you live in South Lyon and happen to be in Kroger......wink, wink, nod, nod...he was number 60)

Tyler also shot bean bags through a halloween cut-out and won some Hershey's Kiss-shaped candy corn, which he later had as part of his dinner at home.
They had a haunted house, but we avoided that until he is older. As we pulled into our subdivision to go home, Tyler said, "Daddy?"

"Yeah, Tyler?"

"Thank you for letting me eat and play," he replied.

I'm a guy so saying that I melted right there would be inappropriate in the world of manliness, so I won't say it.....I'm pretty sure the car warmed up a bit at that moment, though.

Tonight, I work til 6p....so Kelly will start taking Tyler out to the neighbors, and if I can join them on the route, I will. Otherwise, I'll be handing out hundreds of pieces of candy to all our neighbors. Happy Halloween!

For your viewing and listening pleasure....enjoy the following video and music:




For your listening pleasure, here is a goofy playlist of Halloween music to enjoy at work or home! (If the playlist shows no songs, check back soon, or choose the POP OUT PLAYER, and it will work fine.)


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment