Fortunately, the guy who set us up today at the house was here before and he was the only intelligent one of the bunch, so I grabbed his card and he told me to page him if I needed help with anything, VERY good customer service on a local level.
Next on the agenda: switching to a lower phone plan within the company. If you are the praying kind, please keep us in yours, cuz nothing has gone smoothly since the move.
The house is coming along. It is starting to look like an actual home now, with some rooms completely void of boxes! The dining room, on the other hand, is the new storage place for all our empties. When our new dining room set arrives in a couple weeks, we'll have to shift them to somewhere else, but for now, the house is slowly starting to feel like home.
Yesterday, I played with the sprinkler system and figured that out. It's kinda cool, cuz it's customizable, and I have no intention of watering my lawn unless it absolutely needs it.
Tyler is adjusting well. Because it's getting dark earlier, he seems to want to go to bed earlier. He's not keen on the dark. He's hooked on Little Einsteins, and we now have 32 episodes saved on our DVR. It's a cute show, and it actually gets Tyler involved by asking him questions and having him move his hands and arms to do things. It's cute to see him tapping his legs to help the Little Einsteins make their rocket ship blast off, and when they do, he yells out "Blast off!!". It seems to engage his mind.
Kelly and I are hanging in there. It's been a challenging transition, to say the least. But each day that passes gives us an opportunity to make the house a bit more ours, and we actually had some time to just sit and watch one of our shows on TV last night. It was nice to have a moment to ourselves and do nothing with the house.
Little by little, this new vision of the world will start to become clear and less shaky. And hell, we have phone service!!!!! Oh crap, I forgot to set up the answering machine....lol.
Blogged with the Flock Browser
No comments:
Post a Comment