I had no idea how physically demanding and mentally challenging the move would be. At 11:45pm on Saturday, we got a call from the seller of our new house and learned she was vacating. We spent Sunday and Monday, filling a 24 foot Budget truck that you could hear 5 miles away when driving. It took 2 truckloads of the 24 footer and one truckload of a 16 footer, plus multiple car trips, to get us all moved into the new house.
It was a crazy few days, and we wouldn't have been able to do it without the help we got from family. Kelly's parents, Vince & Bonnie. her brother Daryl, and my dad, Dave, drove here to help us. They were workhorses, helping in every aspect of the move, and suffering many aches and pains. We all got banged up a bit, and it was very challenging. I found myself getting a bit edgy and testy at times, which I am embarrassed about. But, the fact is, it would have been impossible for Kelly and I to do on our own. We are very blessed to have such great family who went above and beyond. It's very humbling, actually.
Thank you, Vince, Bonnie, Dad & Daryl. We hope you know how grateful we are.
My dad took tons of pictures to document the event, and I'll post them in a future post. For now, we are living in our new house, with a basement full of boxes. It's so crazy that we had 2500 square feet of stuff jammed into our thousand square foot home, cuz our hew house is nowhere near empty.
We've met many of the neighbors already and they all seem kind. It's a very social neighborhood, with many families and children. We're not used to the social experience like this, but we're excited to make new friends and for Tyler to find new friends to play with. We've also never lived in a sub with a Homeowner's Association, which is a bit intimidating, but so far, so good. The more we meet people, the more we learn that the board is not as strict as made out to be, and people can live their own lives as long as it doesn't hurt others. It's a lifestyle adjustment that we'll have to make. There is a newsletter and a directory of families, with children's ages and birthdays. There is a lot of families and children here in the sub.
Since the move, we've had an exterminator out to remove two yellow jacket's nests, been fighting with AT & T about our phone service, and spending way too long on the phone with various companies to get it all straight. I am sick of the way most businesses deal in customer service. DirecTV was the only service appointment that went smoothly. Our home phone won't be active until at least monday, so please use our cells, and don't be surprised if we make calls after 7p, because we're rapidly using up our daytime minutes.
When I look at the world today, I have no idea where I am. It's all new and all a bit scary and overwhelming. I look forward to getting settled in and getting some new normalcy.
Crazy...just crazy.....
Pics coming soon.....
Blogged with the Flock Browser
No comments:
Post a Comment