Today, in the Spring Ratings in Detroit, Channel 955 has become the number one rated radio station in the city. When I came here in 2001, we were ranked 14th in the market, and we worked hard to get this station to be what it is today. I work with a group of talented people who understand the world of radio and have persevered through the struggles this business has endured recently.
To be number one is like winning the Super Bowl. It's an incredible accomplishment and something I am so proud to be a part of.
For those interested, this is my station's website: www.channel955.com
I am not on the site because I work behind the scenes. As the Creative Services Director, I am responsible for the on-air presentation of the station through recorded promos, sweepers and an audio that is not a live person talking. I write and produce the words you hear come out of our Deep Voice Guy's mouth, in an attempt to present the station in a certain way, in a certain vibe, and relate to our listener's lifestyle. It keeps me busy and it's challenging, but today, it feels rewarding.
Thanks for indulging me, and my pride, but this is why I'm here in Detroit. Came here for the job, and since then have built a life with my family and it just feels good.
Blogged with the Flock Browser
Congratulations Chris!!
ReplyDeleteWell deserved and you should definitely feel proud!!
Hey Chris, I read that in the Freep yesterday--congrats!!!!
ReplyDelete