4/28/2008

Non-picture Monday

At least I've been blogging a bit more regular....baby steps, baby steps.

The reality is that we haven't taken as many pics of Tyler lately. We've been just enjoying the moments.

Saturday, Kelly ran a program at the library, where kids could make Mother's Day cards. I enjoy taking him to her craft programs. He's always a hit with the Novi library staff and he's gotten to know Margi, Kelly's boss, very well. It was cute to see him hold her hand and walk with her into the project room. Mommy was smart enough to stay away from our table as he made the card with stamps, crayons and markers. I like what he did, and I am sure she will when she gets it.

That afternoon, we played outside after his nap. He loves playing in the dirt, as I've written before. He's got some construction trucks that he drives all around the yard and puts dirt and twigs into. We built a "road" on the sidewalk by the front steps with a pile of dirt we smoothed out with his bulldozers. We were making a shopping center according to Tyler.

Our neighbor, Jim, seems to be a new friend of Tyler's now. Saturday when we were outside, Tyler threw a ball around with Jim and seemed to have a great time. We are trying to teach him how to catch the ball, and he got it a couple times (It was a mini nerf soccer ball).

Yesterday, Kelly took him for a walk while I hit the grocery store, and he ran into one of his classmates, Sylvia and her parents. Kelly's better at telling what they did, but it appeared that they had a lot of fun playing with each other. Sylvia seems less inhibited and Tyler seemed to do more with her because of it.

Yesterday afternoon, I cut the lawn, and within a few minutes I turn and see Tyler coming towards me with his little mower....so we gave the lawn it's first cut of the season together. He followed me, copying the moves I made. It was cute to watch. After his nap we hung out outside in the back where Tyler started to get the hang of blowing bubbles. He needs to be reminded that you need to hold the plastic stick close to your mouth when blowing, but he got a few out and had fun.

Today, we are one day closer to seeing Thomas The Tank Engine at Greenfield Village in Dearborn. We can only hope he enjoys himself, and doesn't get shy. We'll be taking a ride on Thomas, and also meeting Sir Topham Hatt. There will be tons of activities for the kids and we've been told to bring our credit card because they will have exclusive Thomas items you can't get anywhere else. Uh-oh.....lol.

That's the update for this non-picture Monday. More pics will come soon.....blah blah blah....you know the drill by now.





----------------
Listening to: Queensrÿche - Breaking The Silence
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment