12/12/2007

Music That Makes Me Think Of Tyler

There's a handful of songs that make me think of Tyler. Perhaps someday, if I get the courage, I'll post the ones I've written for him. But for today, I wanted to share a song that, line by line, just works for me.

It's called "Kama", by Sammy Hagar. A beautiful song written from a father's perspective and I found the lyrics to match some of the feelings I have about Tyler, especially during his first year while he was growing and changing so fast.

The first verse matches how I felt when I first looked at him and began to see myself in his face. It articulates how I felt about Kelly and this new family we were starting.

The second verse reminds me of the lyrics I've written since we found out Kelly was pregnant. There've only been four songs, but they were special moments for me: to be able to put on paper, my innermost thoughts in a semi-articulate way.

In my opinion, it's just a beautiful song.




Here's the lyrics:


Kama, by Sammy Hagar

Today, love takes on a whole new meaning
In a face, I know I've seen somewhere before
Somehow, the mystery is over
Yet, just begun
To see the most perfect thing
Together, we've ever done
So what do we call this miracle we've made
And how can I find one word to say it
When all I'm feeling, here and now, is love
So that will always be you
Kama

Today, I just wrote a song about you
The words, they flow just like the air I breathe
The closest I've ever been
To truly understanding
The closest we'll ever be
To the meaning of life so sacred

So what do we call this miracle we've made
And how can I find one word to say it
When all I'm feeling, here and now, is love
So that will always be you
Kama

And every language has a word
But the meaning is always the same
Love is all you've got, to start out in the world
And love is all that remains

So what do we call this miracle we've made
And how can I find one word to say it
When all I'm feeling, here and now, is love
So that will always be you
Kama




----------------
Listening to: Sammy Hagar - Kama

No comments:

Post a Comment