11/26/2007

Making More Memories

Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing. We'll have new pics and videos to come. Tyler is fighting another cold, which appears to be the new standard for November. He was sick a lot last year and throughout all of November 2006.

But, we had fun and it was low-key. It's tough to not be with family, but also nice to start our own traditions with Tyler. We did the typical Turkey dinner with all the sides and we had a TON of leftovers, which we spent the weekend devouring. Kelly made a casserole using everything we had on Thanksgiving and it was very tasty.

It was fun to spend time with Tyler over the last four days. A bit challenging at night when his cold really got to him and kept him and us up every few minutes for most of the overnight.

Saturday, Kelly had to work, so Tyler and I put up the Christmas Tree and he was such a good helper. It was a painless experience. He had so much fun helping me build the tree and watching it get bigger and bigger and bigger. He helped me find the color-coded branches I needed as I went from level to level.

Yesterday, all three of us decorated the tree. Tyler helped me with the lights, by holding them for me as I walked around the back of the tree. Then, Kelly picked out the ornaments, handed them to Tyler, who helped me find places on the tree for them. It was very enjoyable, and I think the tree looks the best it ever has.

He is learning about Christmas Trees and Santa. He's decided to ask Santa for trucks for Christmas and seems to understand that Santa will bring him presents on Christmas.

Last night, he woke up an hour after going to bed and couldn't get back to sleep , so Kelly laid with him on the couch in our living room and I could over-hear them whispering to each other about Santa and it seemed that Tyler thought Santa would come into his room and give Tyler the presents. It was very cute.

Another nice moment happened yesterday afternoon between he and I. I have tendinitis in my left knee and I knocked it into our coffee table while sitting on our couch. Tyler, without any word, walked to me, leaned down and kissed my knee to make it better. It was so touching and Kelly and I just looked at each other, both understanding how special that moment was.

We'll get some new pics and videos up soon. We have a bunch of good ones we think you'll enjoy.


We hope you had a great Thanksgiving and we appreciate your interest in our blog.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Tyler is sick, but hearing about how he is doing makes me look forward to what Jack will be doing in another year. Tyler is such a great kid!!

    ReplyDelete