8/20/2007

Rain Out

For my Father-In-Law's birthday, he, Daryl and I went to the MIS Speedway yesterday.We got up at 5am and got there by 7am. As you'd guess, we got rained out. It was a gloomy, wet day, and we spent more time in Daryl's truck than anywhere else, just to keep dry, and wondering if the race would go on.

There were moments where the rain stopped, and at one point we heard the drying jets run on the track, so we got our hopes up that we'd see the race, but it didn't last long because once the weather pocket passed, the skies opened up and it just poured.

Today, it looks like another possible washout. Because I have to work (our regional V.P.P. is in town), Vince, Daryl and Lynn are attempting to see the rescheduled race. I hope the weather can break for them. If not, there is talk of racing after Thanksgiving, which, to me, means maybe we'd have to shovel snow off the track. I feel so bad for Kelly's Dad because this was his first time at a Nascar race, and he was looking forward to it. I guess we'll see what happens, and maybe the weather will hold for November.

It's been nice to have family visit these last couple of days. Tyler has come along way from one year ago and the stranger anxiety he felt. He soaked them up and seemed to have fun with everyone. Uncle Daryl and Tyler seemed to make a good connection, which is so cool to see. It's hard when family is not that close, and that's why I enjoy moments like those when they happen.

Hope you had a great weekend and stayed dry! Cuz, when I look at the world today...it's all just wet. Very wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment